[muglo] Re: password protected

  • From: Theresa Roth <theresaroth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 11:11:32 -0400

In that case, how do I keep the kids off the computer when they are not
permitted to use it AND I am not here to ensure it happens.

On Apr 5, 2008, at 10:55 AM, doug rogers wrote:

On 5-Apr-08, at 10:29 AM, Theresa Roth wrote:

> How can someone login in without my password to
> create another user identity?

The System is Root User. You can be, but are not Root User. You are
'merely' Admin, kind of like the Vice President in Charge of
Operations. In a way this protects you from doing something dangerous
with your OS. You can still run the company from day to day.

So it is the OS itself, as Root User which can do stuff without your
Admin permission.

_