[muglo] Re: memory

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 01:07:05 -0500

On 8-Jan-07, at 10:15 PM, Hawk wrote:

> A little computer 101. I have been procrastinating about getting
> more memory for my G4. But since I haven't been able to open the
> odd website I felt I'd better do so. I currently have 128 megs. My
> question is how much can I add? Or, maybe more to the point, how
> much should I add?  jim
  Short answer is as much as you can. I believe you are talking about
your G4 Grey & White tower? If so you can go to 2 Gig with O/S X,
depending on which model.
I recommend Computer liquidations on Horton Street, their prices for
memory are usually quite inexpensive. If you only have 128 Megs it
sounds like no extra Ram has been added & you will still have 3-4
memory slots available. HTH.
TTFN,   TeeC