[muglo] imac

  • From: Hawk <taylorc547@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:27:34 -0400

Where to start? First I ordered a new iMac and Fedex screwed up the
delivery. Gave it to a neighbour who was not even asked to sign for it.
Least of my problems.
   There seemed to be less peripheral materials than usual. As in
instructions. But I set it up and it seemed OK. Even read some email. Then
when I tried to send some mail it asked for my password. Didn't know I had a
password. OK, I had long since forgotten it. Then I discovered under a pile
of fill the Apps and System discs, which I attempted to install.
    Long story shorter it kept asking for my administrative password. I
don't know what that is, although I tried every password I think I had every
used at any time. Could not find any way to find, change or enter and new
administration password. In other words it now sits on my desk in Port
unused and - to me - useless.
    Anyone know how to come up with an administrative password. It looks
like a neat machine. Probably be fun if I can get it to work for me.
    The answer is no doubt simple but so far it escapes me.  jim