[muglo] Re: a good meeting

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 19:05:32 -0400

I have lost two surge protectors and both were from lighting hits to
the phone line.  The first time I called the phone company because we
had no dial tone and no internet, the technician traced the problem
to the power bar and he said it probably saved our computer.  Two or
three years ago they buried the phone lines on our road and we have
not had a problem since.
Gerhard

P.S.  I think I now know why  our G4 iMac wouldn't boot, it seems if
shut down for an extended period it forgets time and date so it must
be the battery on the mother board.  Does anyone know if this is
easily accessible by the user?