[muglo] UK

  • From: teresa sneddon <teresa.sneddon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:36:51 -0400

If I have this right its Eric that moving to the UK?
Why?
Sounds to me like he hates it already, or am I picking up the wrong message.
Iam from Edinburgh, and I have only lived in this country for 8 years, so
Iam still homesick!!
But trust me, Iam sure you will love it, and I dont think we Brits are
backward just because some things are still imperial, its quite easy to work
with both, once you get the hang of it, Iam in my early 50's, so they never
had metric when I went to school, but so far it has not caused me any
problems.
As for the UK, at the moment being where Canada was 10 years ago, I think
you are way off the mark. If anything I would say that the UK is further
along than Canada, but maybe Iam a bit biased about that!!!!
As for the Royals and the 'anthem' we in Scotland sing our own 'anthem' 'o
flower of Scotland' make sure you hear it when you are over there.
How long are you going for?

Teresa