[muglo] Telephone cord routing

  • From: Leith Peterson <leithriver7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 07:38:44 -0400

I got a used G4 yesterday, thanks to Tee.  Before I was using a 7300
with an external modem.  The G4 has an internal modem.  I also have
an iBook clamshell on the other side of the room with an internal
modem.  Both computers are plugged into separate ups systems and I'm
using dial-up.  I have one telephone jack, but I have a routing
switch in it, so I can use two jacks.

I attach the telephone cord from the computer into the ups.  Then the
other jack in the ups holds the telephone cord that goes to the
phone.  Another jack in the phone goes into the wall outlet.

The problem I'm encountering that I didn't have before when I had the
one external modem, is now I have to change the cord going to the
phone depending on which computer I'm using.  Does any one know a way
around this problem?

Please advise.  Thanks.

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/