[muglo] Re: Panther (10.3.9) to Tiger (10.4)

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 18:20:37 -0500

On Dec 20, 2008, at 4:32 PM, Leith Peterson wrote:

> Thanks for the info, Doug.  And thanks to Gerhard and Wayne who have
> also provided input.
>
> I suspect Safari is fine with Tiger, but it has not be updated for
> Panther for a long time.  Safari/Panther does not work well with some
> website applications.

You could try iCab which uses webkit the same browser engine as the
latest Safari.  That might work although there may still be some
issues.  I still use it occasionally.  Its a pretty nimble program
and I like the way it does some stuff over safari or firefox.

As for AppleWorks - it still runs fine under Tiger and I use it all
the time.
I suspect it works under Leopard but can't confirm - can anyone
verify the latter?

Martin