[muglo] Re: [OT} was Re: "kettle of fish" [VERY OFF]

  • From: Larry Kryski <spellboundpub@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 15:39:45 -0500

Sometimes it's difficult to remember which news group is using which
protocol to indicate off topic. Besides, we would have missed your little
bit of witticism if your filter had discarded these, Martin. :-)

As to VERY OFF, you are aware unrefigerated fish (stories or otherwise) will
be "very off" by the third day. This is day two, so it was a bit of
forewarning!

But you're right, and I was wrong. Any etymological topic that allows
members to more fully understand the perhaps subtle emanations of another
member should NEVER be considered off topic, especially when the user
him/herself queries their own usage of a common but poorly understood phrase
or idiom.

Perhaps I have done members a disservice and should republish all of these
topics sans the "very off" reference.                           :-)

Larry

On 05/02/09 01:17 PM, "Martin Albinger" <max@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear List Members:
>
> Now we all seem to have gotten ourselves into a "kettle of fish"
> regarding off topic discussions.  Correct me if I am wrong but I
> thought we had agreed to use [ot] or [OT]  as lead-ins to any
> "off topic" discussions on this list.  That way my preset junk
> filter can deposit the fish in the correct kentle or quintal
> where I can let them gather into sufficent quantities (a cental
> (100) or more (112) to allow for spoilage) before I get rid of
> them because of the stench ;) from the bugs attacking them.
>
> And why is this particular topic so "very off"?  Is it the extra
> 12? I think some of the other topics discussed here were OOTW in
> comaprison. (Think the Twilight Zone!)
>
> Martin

>            http://muglo.on.ca/Pages/joinus.html
>
> Our Archives can be viewed at