[muglo] Re: No boot up

  • From: Scott Strawbridge <scotts1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:49:18 -0400

Hi Gerhard
This is a "luxo" lamp iMac, yes?
holding the mouse button down (left button, if it's a 2 button mouse)
on startup should open the optical drive. if not, then yes, the
paperclip should work.
If you are unable to repair the drive, I would do an Archive and
Install on it, making sure to "preserve user accounts". It's under
Options in the Tiger installer
I highly recommend DiskWarrior if you can afford it ($120 CAN from
Mostly Digital). It's saved my butt too many times to count.

----
Scott Strawbridge | Graphic Artist
scotts1@xxxxxxx
http://homepage.mac.com/scotts1