[muglo] Re: Inkjet Printer Utility

  • From: Leith Peterson <leithriver7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 08:34:53 -0500

Paul, I didn't realize there was such a thing as the printer utility
until you posted this question to the list.  It appears my Canon
Pixma MP 510 is supposed to have such a utility.  Even though the MP
510 is listed on the printer list, I can't get it to show the
maintenance options for cleaning, checking the ink tank, etc.  I've
looked at all the Canon FAQ's and troubleshooting guides and it would
appear this was supposed to have been installed with the easy
install, but it wasn't.  I've sent an email off to Canon about this,
to see if I have to do a custom install of the MP drivers.  I will
get an answer as my printer is still under warranty.

However, even if your printer is not under warranty, there is a lot
of help available on the Canon website for the different brands of
printers, including the older models.  If you go to:

www.canon.ca/consumer products/

then scroll down the archive list for the name of your printer, there
is quite a bit of information there.

If I learn anything that might be useful to you, I'll let you know.

Leith