[muglo] Re: HP SCANJET 4600

  • From: Gerhard <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 22:48:31 -0500

There are lots of things you can do to keep the file size down.  Don't=20=

save in a graphics format and don't scan at high resolution, 150 DPI=20
should be more than enough for documents.  If you scan a letter size=20
page at 600 DPI and save as a high quality jpg you could quite easily=20
have 50 mb or larger file.  I googled your scanner and it comes with=20
software that allows you save as PDF, that would be my first choice for=20=

documents, and scan the document at a resolution between 75 and 150=20
DPI.  I can't tell you how to do this step by step since I am not=20
familiar with the HP software.

Gerhard

P.S. these are the formats you can save your scans in:
Multiple file formats PC: Bitmap (BMP), TIFF, GIF, PDF, HTML, JPEG,=20
FlashPix (FPX), TIFF compressed, DCX, PCX, RTF, CRV, PNG Mac: PICT,=20
TIFF, JPEG, TIFF compressed, GIF, PDF, TEXT, HTML, FlashPix (FPX)