[muglo] Re: External usb drive for "bootable backup"?

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:37:52 -0500

My understanding is on this is that OS X on a non Intel Mac will not
boot from USB.  Does your firewire cd burner not allow you to daisy
chain another firewire device to it?  All my firewire devices (except
for an old iPod)  allow you to daisy chain another device behind it.
On my desk I have three hard-drives and a DVD burner daisy chained and
they all work by plugging the first device into the computer.

Gerhard