[muglo] Re: Editing and converting Images (Was: PowerPoint

  • From: Lee Dickey <Lee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:45:28 -0500

I think this explains a lot.  BMP is a format invented by and for
Windows OS, and so is the software.  I am convinced that it is not
the JPG file itself that is larger, it  is what PPT does with them
that produces this bizarre consequence.  I still maintain that
JPGs are inherently more compressed than BMPs.

Lee