[muglo] Re: CD Burning

  • From: Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 07:13:09 -0500

Leith mentioned a few good software leads to follow-up... but, if you
havve the CD burner hooked up to the iBook and you *are* capable of
reading the CD on the burner but not the iBook's drive, there's a real
chance that your CD rom is failing (an iBook clamshell is a 6 or 7
year old computer afterall).

iMacs of that era (Rev A, B, C) all had similar CDROMs that were (are)
prone to failure and I wouldn't be surprised if the iBook has such a
CDROM as well (laptop CD roms are light but also not quite as good as
desktop CDROMs... iMacs employ laptop CDROMs b/c they're the only ones
that fit into the funky designs).

Eric.