[muglo] Re: Browsers

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:10:44 -0400

on 9/7/03 9:51 AM, Eurogarth at eurogarth@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Mozilla-based browsers are still the only ones that allow me to view the
> live traffic cam (for speed testing) at borderlineups.com on my Mac... On my
> PC of course, all the browsers seem to work flawlessly on this site. I guess
> that Netscape is not solely at fault... But Hell, I hate to blame Apple for
> anything except the ridiculous prices!

Hi, what version of IE are you running?

I just went to <http://borderlineups.com/paclive.htm> and Internet Explorer
and Camino (Build 2003070404) handled the live feed flawlessly (ADSL 1.2
Mbit over 802.11b, unencrypted (I find that encryption cuts down on the
wireless link quality a bit (plus, it's a pain in the derriere to
configure))).

Safari couldn't deal with the JPEG file (it just downloads the never-ending
JPEG without displaying it). Mozilla 1.4 (Build 20030529) had some problems
displaying the page, only showing a live feed once in a few attempts. Can't
report on Netscrash since I don't have a version currently installed (I may
have 4.8 come to think of it... let me check... nope, I guess I've nearly
given up on Classic apps... if it weren't for Outlook Express, I would run
Classic only once in a very blue moon (probably by accident usually ;)).

Eric.