[muglo] Browser Startup Page

  • From: Barry Takayesu <prestige.print@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:43:08 -0500

I normally don't spend any time looking at my Startup Page - which is
Apple's Startpage and wondered what others use for a Startpage and if
there was any particular reason for using it.

I noticed that Google recently added a new category "local" in their
search function. Cool feature. I had to try a few times to work with
it. First efforts were: London, Ontario, Canada; London, Ontario  -
neither attempts worked; and finally the winner was "London, On". By
inputting "London On" (without the quotation marks) as the locale, it
not only returned info for London, but Ingersoll, Mitchell,
Strathroy, Stratford and Flesherton along with a site map showing
each response locale.

Microsoft is going head to head with Google with their MSN Search
machine. Let the battle begin.
--
Barry Takayesu
Prestige Print & Graphics