[muglo] 7100 problems

  • From: Alex <admeddemda@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 22:32:38 -0500

hi all--

   just got a 7100/80 M/B and am having trouble. I had HUGE problems
installing OS 8 (many finder errors, forcing restart). Then finally
with OS 8 installed, I installed OS 9, and on restart i got an
extensions error. (actually bus error, and told me to restart with
extensions off).  Then on restart the harddisk was unreadable!

I thought, ok, maybe it's the HD... so I swapped a known , good HD,
and installed OS 9 using a different mac. When I put the good OS9 HD
in the 7100, I get the same thing.

Everytime I "restart with extensions off" I get a blank hard disk
icon... and then on boot with a CD, the machine says the hard drive
is unreAdable.

So I dont know what is going on.
Is 9 not compatible with a 7100/80?
seems weird.
perhaps I got a dud motherboard.

any suggestions appreciated.
this has already taken me some days to figure, and still it's a no-go.

regards,
~Alex

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>