[msb-alumni] Re: Pizza

  • From: Steve <pipeguy920@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 21:56:39 -0500

No, the Falsetta's isn't the same as the Cassanova was.  Cassanova had a
different tasting cheese, and as I recall, they put the ingredients on first
and put cheese over everything.

The interesting thing about Falsetta's is they are one of the only places
here in Lansing that has take-and-bake pizzas.

When I lived in Spokaloo, there was at least three different chains that
supplied what they called no-baked or take'n'bake pizza.  One place even
delivered them.

You could pick up fresh pizzas at some of the grocery stores, too.  You
probably can at delis here maybe at Roma Bakery.  I'll never forget the
pizza I got in Spokane from the Tidyman Grocery store.  I went up to the
counter and the lacdy asked what I wanted on the pizza.  For each
ingredient, she would say "do you want a little or a lot?" I remember there
were four different kinds of cheese.  When she gave me the pizza, I just
about dropped it; it was twice as heavy as I expected.  When we got it home
in popped it in the oven, I could kind of smell something burning.  It was
piled so high with stuff, that the cheese was melting over the crust and
getting all over the pizza pan.

Last time I was there before they went out of business, I tried to ship one
back, but I couldn't because of regulations.

Steve