[msb-alumni] Re: Last Night One to Forget

  • From: Steve <pipeguy920@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 17:46:33 -0500

BlankWell, I have to call my regular doc tomorrow.  I already have an
appointment set up with him in a month.
It was just really weird.

The thing I forgot to mention in my first post was I got up on the
observation floor and one of my nurses was Chris.  We were talking about
general things and we got around to a couple things.

First, she asked me if I went to MSB.  I told her I did and she said she had
a friend who went there, she thought he was Jeff Mendell, I think.  I didn't
know him.  But, she recalled going to several concerts at the Auditorium in
Lions Hall and Jeff introducing her to Yvonne Whitmore.  She left a great
impression on her.

She mentioned that Lansing was nice in that a lot of people knew common
friends like this.  Then we started talking about when I lived in Spokane
and the fact that one of the first people I met there was an office
equipment salesman who was from Lansing and grew up in my neighborhood near
St. Lawrence Hospital.

This led to her saying that she hadn't been out West but her parents had a
real good time in Seattle.  She mentioned that he went to a Tigers game out
there and, of course, security was more relaxed then and he got on the press
deck and Ernie Harwell came out and talked with him for about five minutes
and mentioned his name and that he was from Harbor Springs Michigan and was
routing on the tigers.

So, I told her about the game in 1982 when my folks and I went to the
Kingdome.  We got up on the press deck, and ;my Dad saw George Kell and Al
Kaline but they just ignored us.  So one of the security people said "Let me
see if I can get Ernie".  Ernie came out and talked with us, and I gave him
my business card.
My aunt almost dropped her can of beer when she was listening in Newberry
and heard "Steve Pollo from Kaisa Aluminum in Spokane Washington is out here
rooting on the Tigers.

Steve
Class of '72