[mountainmilers] Re: NYTimes.com: Well: Phys Ed: How Necessary Is Stretching?

  • From: rob turpin <drysurfer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 18:50:15 -0700

Some stretching in isolated areas, like the calf muscles, is beneficial to
prevent less flexible tissue, like the Plantar Fascia, from tearing. I used
to run without stretching. After about a year of racing, the heel of my
right foot would ache when I got out of bed in the morning. I'm just saying,
listen to your body, and do some research. Some type of stretching may be
the cure for what ails you.
                                                     -Rob-