[moneytalks] Re: need some advice

  • From: "Steve Zielinski" <steveziel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 09:24:00 -0600

Hi,

The learning curve is easy. The documentation is clearly written, but there are few specific examples. But each option is clearly explained. There are a number of features which a person may not need to effectively use the pprogram, and these can be ignored, I think, as long as the basics are learned you should have no problem.

I suspect most people use the high quality speech which comes with the program when purchased on disk, or the lower quality speech if the download purchase option is used. Going by memory here, I think the download purchase option is $39, and the disc price is $49.

The program can be used with either window eyes or jaws with the money talks internal speech turn off, control plus F12, which is a money talks speech on or off toggle.

There are two commands in money talks which will conflict with jaws, according to the documentation, but a simple use of the insert plus 3 key as a bypass solves this. If you use the money talk speech and turn off jaws then this is not a problem. I regularly turn off window eyes and use the money talk speech. I opted to purchase the disk for $49 at the time with the high quality A T and T speech. The downloaded speech offering for $39 is very much like narrator speech. Check the www.aph.org page for current prices.

Also money talks is in beta cycle now so hopefully soon, there will be a new full release.

Obviously I think the program is a fine offering, <grin>.

Below I quote two little sections from the mt manual:

Say Current Transaction: Ctrl+Space
Pressing Ctrl+Space makes Money Talks announce the current transaction. Note that JAWS users should press Insert+3 before pressing this command if JAWS is running.

Next and Previous Uncleared: Ctrl+F9 and Ctrl+F10
The Find menu lets you locate transactions that have not yet cleared.
Find Previous Uncleared Transactions
Use the Previous Uncleared and Next Uncleared commands to move to the next transaction in either direction that has not yet cleared. If you try to move in a direction where there are no more uncleared transactions, the program beeps to let you know there
are no more transactions in that direction that are uncleared.
In addition to Ctrl+F9 and Ctrl+F10 to move to the previous and next uncleared transaction, you may also use Alt+Up Arrow and Alt+Down Arrow to access these commands. This may actually be easier to remember; unfortunately, the Alt+Up Arrow and Alt+Down Arrow commands do not work properly if you are running the JAWS screen access program.

----- Original Message ----- From: <jking67@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>