[moneytalks] Say Cleared Balance & Say Total Balance

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:14:35 -0400

Hi All,

    I'm trying out the demo version again and I've discovered a couple
of good things about it that I somehow missed when I took it for a
test drive back in April.  However, I still haven't found a solution
for one thing that's important to me.

    I've been able to get things so I can hear DEC-TALK Access 32
instead of the Microsoft voices except for the         Say Cleared
Balance and Say Total Balance commands.  I'm having some trouble
understanding Microsoft Sam.  I have a bit of a hearing problem and
prefer DEC-Talk Access 32 and don't even like Eloquence.  I think
another set of voices may be available with the paid version, but is
there some way JAWS users can use the JAWS cursor or the
virtual viewer or somehow get the cleared and total balance  amounts
by being able to verify them by arrowing through the numbers in the
amounts.  For example, $265.00 and $255.00 can sound alike to me.

    Last spring someone suggested tinkering with speed and pitch of
Eloquence,after
turning off the self voicing speech, but I tried it with Eloquence
back then and DEC-Talk Access 32 started in talking before Eloquence
started and it
made it hard to understand.  I'm already using earphones, so adding
them won't help.  If I'm not missing something, I think having the
balances also
available as text in addition to being audible would be a good idea.
    I'm running XP Home with SP2 and JAWS 6.2.

    Thanks,

Margaret
iluvtoread@xxxxxxx