[moneytalks] About the Jan. 4, 2010 date and speech issues

  • From: "Steve Zielinski" <steveziel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 23:42:59 -0500

Rob,

Will be looking forward for the fix on the recurring Jan. 4, 2010 date issue. Thanks so much.

Also, Margaret, I was reading your message about the speech and wonder if the AT&T Mike voice which comes with the cd would help.I wasn't clear if you had that voice.

Rob, would having a speak and spell type option, let's say using the F7 key help here? For instance, while viewing a register, regardless of what column one is in, one could press the F7 key to read the column's information, press it a second time quickly to read it letter by letter, and a third quick press would read it phonetically. Of course, punctuation and spaces would be handled as well. I don't know if it would be an easy implementation, or even feasible, but it's a thought.

Right now, a person could use their own speech synthesizer and screen reader program, making sure to turn off the MT speech with the F12 key. They could use their equivalent of window eye's "speak summary" hot key, which is ctrl plus shift plus the letter S as in Sam, to read the contents of a given column. Multiple presses of that key combination functions as a speak and spell feature.. Only problem with that solution would be the user would likely have to choose a small font and increase the width of the column as much as possible to put the whole content of a given column into visual focus. This may vary from column to column.

Having this feature built into Money Talks might solve that issue.

Any notions?

TIA,
Steve

"I purr, therefore I am"