[moneytalks] Re: Beta: Still incorrect posting: (I believe Ido understand the quarterly posting issu

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:02:03 -0400

Ok Steve, I fixed the problem. Look for the fix in the next beta.

Rob Meredith

>>> steveziel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/05/06 06:28AM >>>
Rob,

This doesn't explain the question though.  Go through the steps below
with a
base date of Oct. 2, 2006, and make it quarterly, with weekend postings
set
to previous, meaning Fridays.  Project at least through October, 31,
2010.
My original
example projected through December 31, 2012.

Notice that it posts on the 4th of January, 2010.  The money talks F10
keys
says that is a Monday.  The 2nd of January is a Saturday, and with the

weekend
action set to previous.  It should have projected on Friday, January
1,
2010 in this instance.  You still would honor the quarterly periodicity
from
October, to January, to April to July, and back to October again.
Nevertheless, it posted on a Monday, dishonoring the previous weekday
check
box.  Posting on Friday would not have moved the posting to the end of
the
previous month.

For that matter, check out the posting on Monday, October 4, 2010,
which the
F10 key says is a Monday.  The 1st of October is then a Friday, and
the
program should have honored the previous weekday setting, since it
wouldn't
violate the quarterly periodicity above.  This is exactly the same as
the
Jan. 4 2010 situation.

I understand the need to use October 1 as a base date to cause January
1
postings.  That isn't the issue here.
Rather, it is why isn't the program honoring the previous weekday
setting
while projecting when use of that Friday date would not violate the
required
quarterly periodicity?

Is the 4th of January 2010 and the 4th of October 2010 a Monday?  If it
is,
I think there is a problem here.  Is something going wrong in handling
leap
years?

Steve