[moneytalks] Another Documentation Question

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "money talks" <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 13:29:23 -0500

Hi All,

    I've been using the documentation for Money Talks gained from
going to Start, Programs, and hitting "M" until I get to the MT sub
menu and hitting enter on documentation since when I first got the
program I couldn't figure out how to stop the voice that the help
topics in the help menu starts with.  I want DEC-Talk Access 32 to
read as much of the program as possible and I don't understand why XP
Home always warns me  that it doesn't like something about the
documentation in the MT sub menu in Programs described above.  I
remembered Control-F12 to turn off the self-voicing feature and wanted
to see if it would let me read the help topics with Dec-Talk and now
I'm getting the following message when I do an alt-h and hit enter on
help topics

This program's beta authorization expired on 12/01/2006.
Check www.aph.org/beta for an     update to this beta or at
www.aph.org/tech/ for a released version.
This is a demo of Book Wizard.

When I hit the okay button, I'm asked if I want to register the
program and when I say no, I now returned to help topics and I think
the Book Wizard.  Escape may silence the self-voicing feature or
DEC-Talk may start reading it-I'll have to do it again.  I did find
something like Control-V and Control-U for something to do with audio
in the menus that I can experiment with.

    Am I correct that the documentation on IE is the "real"
documentation and F1 is just for use with the Book Wizard?    If it's
the "real" documentation can anything be done to get XP to stop
thinking it is dangerous and give the ding sound and you have to hit
okay?

    I'm running IE 6, JAWS 6.2 and XP Home with SP2.

    Thanks,

Margaret
iluvtoread@xxxxxxx