[modeleng] welding gas prices

  • From: "Alan Stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 16:31:40 -0000

As most will know, getting a gas welding set is difficult and expensive.

A pal just bought me a catalogue from a French firm, roughly their version
of B & Q, and in that are three gas welding sets.
They comprise the bottles, regulators, hoses, trolley, goggles and
everything else one needs.
The cheapest is 449 Euro, the dearest E950.
Refills for the largest bottles are, E63 Oxy, E84 Acet.
These are all available off the shelf, as are the refills.

A shame that we, in the UK, dont have that easy option for obtaining gas
welding equipment.

Alan