[modeleng] Re: gas turbine locos

  • From: "Ian Meikle" <ian_meikle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 16:55:40 +0100

Since no-one else has replyed I will give you what little
information I have.

If you "google" on home made gas turbines, you will get many hits.
My favourite was always http://www.asciimation.co.nz/beer/ - this guy
has his priorities right :o)
Also check out
        http://www.nyethermodynamics.com/
        http://aardvark.co.nz/pjet/

The only other thing I know is that Tim Coles loco runs with a
commercial turbine from (I think) an English company, but I don't
have the link to hand. He uses a centrifugal cluch to transfer
power.

Not much, but I hope it helps
/Ian

ian_meikle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx