[modeleng] Re: Workshop insurance

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 06:38:05 -0500

My shop (well one of them) is in the basement and covered by homeowners
insurance, but even if my tools were stored off premises, they are still
covered.  I know this because I had some stored at the sawmill when it
burned in 1970.  I got a  new Atlas lathe out of that one, but I preferred
the old one as it was sturdier (10 inch instead of 12")  I don't know what
the situation would be concerning the tools and machinery (Newbie locomotive
included) that is in the back shop, but think it would be covered also.

REDNECK Tennesseean

I was reading elsewhere about the problems with insurance for the workshop
 and all the tools and equipment therein.
 I know that my insurance company wont cover it, and apparently neither will
 some others.

 What does everyone do about insuring their workshops and contents?

 Alan Stepney