[modeleng] Re: Water gauge security

  • From: "Clif Walker" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 09:54:21 +0100

HI All,

I learnt at a very early stage, never to tighten gauge glass fittings when
steam is present.

The manner of learning was that as I was getting steam up on my first engine
at it's Boiler test, the gauge glass started leaking,

As soon as I got a Spanner out the Boiler Inspector beat a very hasty
retreat to what he reckoned was a safe distance. Having never seen him move
so fast before I asked him why and he told me in no uncertain terms.

Usually as things warm up they usually seal themselves up anyway.

Regards

Clif