[modeleng] Re: The Rocket

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 20:13:15 -0600

Alan,

I wonder that no one thought to do what our colonist ancestors did and put
an iron strap on top of a wooden rail.  Of course there was a shortcoming to
that, something called "snake heads"!  Snakeheads were caused when the iron
strap came loose at a joint and shot up through the floor of the early
wooden coaches.

Jesse the REDNECK in Tennessee