[modeleng] Superheater trouble

  • From: Gmx22@xxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:44:17 EST

Hi all, I don't normally write much here but do read with interest most of
your comments. I am getting on well with a simplex but can't seem to get the
super heater right. The people I have spoken to have two schools of thought. 1
because it has slide valves Don't use a radiant one something to do with wet
steam being better. make it out of copper. I have just come in from the
garage  having turned another peace of copper tube into scrap, lots of heating
and
i  just can't get the tight bend required to make it look neat. Other school
of  thought is make it radiant using stainless and use thinner tubing 22g I
think.  any thoughts on how to bent copper tube or where the hell do I get
stainless  from, tried GLR and the guys a Polly. I have seen lots of super
heaters
made out  of SS and look neat with perfect bends but nobody can tell me where
they got the  stuff.
I have a tube bender but the radius is not small enough and of course it is
metric 10mm and I am using 7/16 18g copper......... well I was! I know you
will  probably think how has he got this far if he can't bend copper tube but
things  have gone very well up to this point, I just can't afford to keep
throwing  copper in the bin.
Great site keep up the good work
Keith