[modeleng] Re: Re 3" Burrell

  • From: Allen Messer <al_messer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 05:05:50 -0700 (PDT)

Jesse, "Biros" is a brand of ballpoint pen sold by
Wal-Mart, et al, here in the States, and I am seeing
more clearly why Plasticine would work bettter for
keeping the abrasive from going where it was not
wanted while lapping the valve face on the Burrell.
BTW, the best way to do a Gunmetal or Bronze valve
face must be by scrapping rather than lapping, due to
the abrasive wanting to imbed itself in the soft
material?

Al Messer