[modeleng] Re 3" Burrell

  • From: "AndyA" <AndyA@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 21:13:37 +0100

Hi All
thank for your offers of help/ suggestions. I've just come in from the workshop
and as suggested the problem with the lubricator is a worn shaft. Despite being
a 'commercial item' the shaft doesn't appear to have been hardened at all.
I might take you up on your offer of photos Roger, but I'm going to Harrogate
on Friday so I will have a look there first.
I will try your idea of cleaning the regulator face tomorrow Ron. It seems to
be a simplest way of doing it. Cotton wool has been suggested for blocking the
ports to prevent the carborundum, dust getting into the cylinder so I will try
that as well. I'll let you know how it goes.
regards
Andy