[modeleng] Re: RE Magnetic Chucks going OT - sorry guys!

  • From: Donkitson1@xxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 06:26:08 EST

Hi,
    Thanks for all the responses to the query re  Magnetic Chucks. I must
admit that a lot of it has gone over my head.
    I am loathe to dispose of this chuck if it can be  got working again,
other than the fact that it will not hold anything (it is  about as much use aa
chocolate fireguard) it is in good condition  cosmetically. and at 18 inches
* 6 inches it is quite substantial.
    I am assuming that to send it away for repair  to the makers would be
very expensive and that I could possibly pick up a good  working 2nd user one
for
less.
    I may eventually try to strip it down and just  check, without removing
the innards, that the internal plates are actually  moving when the lever is
operated.
    Other than that it would make a good door  stop.
Regards
Don