[modeleng] Re: Piston Glands

  • From: "Clif Walker" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 20:20:26 -0000

Hi,

Whilst O-Rings are OK I think that in that situation I would rather fit
packing which consists of PTFE. The best stuff is the solid round section as
used for packing the glands of Steam Valves,Water Valves and the like. After
the initial tightening up after a bit of running,they do not usually need
adjusting for a long time and the stuff is friction free. The only snag over
here is getting it as it is usually only sold in expensive large reels
whereas in America it is sold in little packs as a DIY item.

Regards

Clif