[modeleng] Re: O rings

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 14:41:34 -0600

Gents,

Tel, I don't think it was the fish and chips that caused Clif's problem, but
the liquid he used to wash them down his gullet.

I may have mentioned this, but I had to pay 50 dollars for a handful of 3/4"
x 1/8" silicone "O" rings that would withstand 600 degrees F.  I only needed
one to use in the oiling system of one of our 125 HP air compressors, but
they only made them to order so charged for the whole special run.  As far
as I know, which ain't very far, the first ring was still in the compressor
when they scrapped it several years ago.  These rings were sort of a rust
colour instead of the usual black.

Jesse in gettin' colder Troy, TN USA

Been into the fish & chips again Clif?

Clif Walker wrote: Hi All,

Owing to slippery fingers my post about Silicone O Rings should have read "
cannot take mechanical wear"

Regards

Clif