[modeleng] Re: Morality was Model prices

  • From: "Barrie Purslow" <bpduo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 21:11:31 +0100

Hello Harry,

I'm a great believer in steaming 'em but this particular loco was different.
It was simply stunning. I was told that it had been completed in 1948 but I
would have believed that it had been finished the day before. It would take
a brave man to steam something that had remained pristine for so many
years - I don't think I could do it especially if I'd laid out over
£150,000!

Incidentally I've just discovered that the recently auctioned engine has
been bought by a gentleman who lives in Knutsford (UK) - just a few miles
down the road. Maybe I could persuade a few of my friends from Liverpool to
liberate it on my behalf. I'm sure they would do the job for less than
£150,000!

Regards,

Barrie