[modeleng] Re: Model prices

  • From: "Barrie Purslow" <bpduo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:34:28 -0000

Alan,

I guess you are referring to the prices of second hand models?

It seems to me that prices have remained more or less static for some years
and I haven't noticed any change in recent times. In fact the Duchess on
"Antique Steam" has dropped from £19,950 to £14,750 in recent months and
still hasn't sold.

I would also make the point that second hand steam models are incredibly
good value. Taking the Duchess as an example, it probably took a couple of
thousands pounds worth of materials and about 6000 hours of skilled labour.
That makes for an hourly rate of just over two pounds an hour! Try getting
your local garage man to work for that!

Regards,

barrie