[modeleng] Re: Latest eBay scam

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:28:17 -0000

ANY email from Ebay, Paypal any bank, or financial institution is 90% likely
to be a scam.
That rises to 100% if there is a link on the email.

The ONLY way one should access any page that might link to personal
financial information is to go direct to the website, vie your "bookmarks",
and check that it starts https:// and not http://.

If you do get an email that MIGHT be genuine, ignore it and later, select
the bookmark to the site concerned.

At least I can ignore any Paypal ones now as I will not be dealing with them
at all.
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.