[modeleng] Re: Latest eBay scam

  • From: Roger <roger.g3tdm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:40:46 +0000

Hi,

    Ron wrote:

>Those of you who buy and sell on eBay should beware of getting a message,
>purporting to be from eBay, saying that your account has been suspended
>pending verification of your bank account details.  It then links you to a
>web site that asks for your account details including PIN.
>
>If you receive a message like this, immediately forward it to:
>
>spoof@xxxxxxxxxx
>
>and they will send you a confirmation that the email is nothing to do with
>them, and should be deleted.

    I can confirm that what Ron says is correct.   I sent the spoof
e-mail to e-Bay and they wrote back,  after a couple of days,
confirming that it was a fake e-mail.

    Just keep your wits about you and all should be well!   E-Bay still
has some bargains in the way of tools,  but also has some very high
priced items,  you have to be selective!   Has anyone bought the taps
from RDG,  which are supposed to be the same as Myford's spindle nose?
They are claimed to be Whitworth form at 60 degree angle - I wonder
which is correct?

    Happy New Year to all.

       Roger Mason,  in St. Agnes.