[modeleng] Identifying collet chucks

  • From: "Tony Wells" <oaksfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 18:50:35 +0100

Following on from my recent enquiry about whether to use metric or BA nuts and
bolts for model making, I have decided to go with the BA system, for
completeness. When I bought my second hand lathe, it came with 4 small collets
- metric ones - however. As the only markings are for the individual collet
size, can anyone help me identify the maker please, so that I can buy the
matching imperial sizes?
At first glance the collets look like ordinary MT2 draw collets, but there is
no internal threading or even a tang. The collets seem to snap into place and
are then held there by a closer that scrws directly onto the end of the lathe
spindle. There is also a tubular inserter "thingy" and a mushroom shaped pusher
outerer, the latter with a relatively small head and long stem.

Thanks,

Tony Wells.