[modeleng] Re: Identifying collet chucks

  • From: "Tony Wells" <oaksfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 21:12:15 +0100

That is true Ron, I must admit, but the hole through the Myford is so small
that I should imagine any bar stock going through it would sag under it's
own weight and foul the bottom of the left hand exit hole. I was thinking in
terms of just holding short lengths of rod though, rather than bar stock.
Under such circumstances, perhaps a Jacobs chuck with an MT fitting would do
just as well. I read somewhere that the run out of them is only a few tenths
of a thou!

Tony.