[modeleng] Re: Highbury House plc

  • From: "Ron Head" <ron.head@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:48:56 -0000

Hi

Talking of M.E., it seems that you can still pay anything you like for a
subscription renewal.  Mine is due at the end of the year, and in the middle
of November I received a letter from Highbury inviting me to renew for the
sum of 62GBP.  The letter also said "call our agency to renew by credit
card, and by calling this number you will be eligible for the special
subscription offers appearing in the magazine".

Naturally I was curious to know what these "offers" were, but the current
issue at that time (4235) had absolutely nothing about subscriptions in it!
I therefore waited for 4236 to come out, and there was an offer to renew for
55.80GBP plus a free music CD of your choice.  I took them up on this offer,
but lo and behold, the latest issue (4237) is offering subs for only
46.50GBP!

There's a lot to be said for brinkmanship.

Regards
Ron Head