[modeleng] Re: Filing, now O/T--Daggers & stuff

  • From: Allen Messer <al_messer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 18:02:29 -0700 (PDT)

Well, Keith, this would work, but as much material as
I have to hog off, it would be very, very slow going.

I mentioned in another reply that this job is the
hilt/crossguard on a dagger I am making.  Now,
regardless of our views on politics and foreign
affairs, I am sure that we all would agree that
regardless of where the lads (and lassies) are sent,
we must support them, especially when they are our own
flesh and blood.

Now, I have not smithed a knife of any sort for over
30-35 years, but when one of my lads hands me a
Solingen blade he has acquired and tells me that he
wants me to make him a "Battle blade" as he is going
back to Iraq by the end of the year and this time, he
will be leading a company into combat, what could I
say?

The Scots lads have their "blades of last resort"
tucked into the top of their stockings, and I have no
idea where he will carry this one as it has a
double-edged blade 9-1/4" in length with an OA length
of 15", but I will bet my last Dollar that when he and
his men roll out of their Laager, it will be with him.

Sorry for the ramble.

Al Messer