[modeleng] Re: Ebay-boiler

  • From: "Tim Of The Above" <the_viffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 13:03:26 +0000

Is now the right time to have a growl about boiler makers?

OK then I'll do so anyway.

I ordered a boiler last year from a company also well known for cheese. I
paid a 20% deposit with 2 further payments due; one at the start of
production and one on completion which was quoted for mid Dec 2006. A couple
of days ago ie in mid April I got an invoice dated 1 March for the first
stage payment. The letter was postmarked the night before I got it. Oddly
enough they got a sharp letter back.

I don't mind delays. I prefer delays I'm warned about but I can understand
sometimes things don't go right. I do get very annoyed about people sending
me back dated invoices and trying to pass the blame off on me.

I rather doubt I'll be using the services of this particular company again
and on balance I'd rather have my deposit refunded than have them make the
boiler. I can't encourage you to use them.