[modeleng] Early Myford Clutch Adjustment

  • From: Edward Bean <ebme@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:34:17 +0100

My early, but nonetheless very serviceable, Super 7 has the clutch contained
within right-side 4-step cast-iron pulley of the countershaft (it is NOT the
later type with the cone clutch in the left-hand two-step pulley). The clutch
has gradually developed a rattle and needs adjustment, but the manual I have is
for the later cone clutch version and I have no idea how to adjust this early
type of clutch.

Can anyone help me with the adjustment instructions and/or the assembly/parts
diagram for the earlier type of clutch?

Edward