[modeleng] Re: Calendonian Railway Colours

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 12:22:09 +0000 (GMT)

PS On a related note (from my point of view), the Phoenix web site lists
the following colours for the Caledonian Railway...

http://www.phoenix-paints.co.uk/enamel.asp?F_Railway=10

C R Loco Prussian Blue
C R Loco Royal Blue
C R Loco Sky Blue

...can anyone point me to a good indicator on the web of what these colour
schemes looked like on the loco, particularly the Sky Blue.

One thing I had found thus far is that there is some suggestion that the
Caledonian Railway used a lightened form of Prussian Blue, which I am told
was technically closer to Antwerp Blue (whatever that looks like)!

Any info from anyone with any knowledge of such paints/colours would be
greatly appreciated.

Yours,

Rich.