[modeleng] Re: Boiler insulation

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 02:37:36 -0000

Balsa wood is pretty good and can be sanded down to give a nice smooth
surface if you want to cover it in this sheet.

Personally I use Kaowool, a mineral-based felt type material that is
designed for the job.
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.