Re: [MoAccess] Someone wanted orientation to the buttons on the motif

  • From: "Bryan Smart" <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:44:35 -0400

Hi Jes.

Perhaps you're just younger than me, but, growing up, almost none of my
electronics talked besides my Sharp calculator and my Apple II computer.
I had to get used to memorizing menus. Maybe that is why the Motif isn't
so difficult for me. I have all sorts of talking stuff now, but, when it
comes to specialized gear like music equipment, we're still back in the
1980's in many ways.

That's just how it is, though.

To answer your question, the buttons do not change their function. There
are two major exceptions.

The knobs change their function depending on the mode that is selected
with either the "single part select" or "multi part select" buttons. On
the panel, there is a table printed above the knobs that shows how the
knobs change depending on the knob function that is selected.

Also, the 6 soft buttons under the screen change their function
depending on the mode that is active on the Motif.

Bryan