Re: [MoAccess] Someone wanted orientation to the buttons on the motif

  • From: "Jes" <jesman598@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:35:13 -0400

I'm working on the orientation document, be patient. Bryan, do the buttons
change what they display on screen depending on what mode you are in on the xs?
I had an idea about having my mom help me figure out the main prompts and all
the *main options on each screen, but don't want to overwhelm her. Folks, I
think one of the reasons I am having trouble with navigating the xs right now
is because, at least in my world, almost every major appliance I have talks. My
vcr talks. I'm able to set a program to record when I'm not going to be home.
I'm able to set the clock, and all the good stuff that a sighted person takes
forgranted. Obviously the computer talks. My caller ID talks. My mobile phone
talks and I'm able to access anything I want with the phone. So basically, with
very few exceptions like the washer and dryer and stuff, I can have access to
everything that I want. My point is, the major headache and annoyance with me
right now is getting used to the fact that with the motif, I have limited
access because I'm not able to read the screen independently. Instead, all of
us have to memorize things and read up on manuals and stuff. I am one of those
people that likes to learn as I go. In other words, I like to explore a
computer application as soon as I install it and figure it out for myself, and
consult the help files when I need them. Sadly, this isn't the case with the
motif. It's just something I'll have to get used to again. Okay, I'll get off
my soap box now.